For a complete list of Kansas Junior Golf Scholars, click here.
Click here for an interactive map of all Junior Golf Scholars.
1. Applicant must be a high school senior in good standing enrolled in a Kansas state high school.
2. Applicant must be enrolling as a full-time student in an accredited Kansas college or university for the coming fall semester.
3. Applicant must have participated in high school golf or junior golf programs sponsored by Kansas organizations. These may include, but are not limited to: Kansas Junior Golf Association, Kansas Golf Association, Kansas Womens Golf Association, The First Tee, Wichita Junior Golf Foundation, Native American Junior Golf Association. Participation – not playing ability or performance – is the requirement.
Applicant must submit the following information to the Kansas Golf Foundation. All submissions become property of KGF. Download 2017 Application here!
1. Completed KJG Scholarship Application form.
2. Essay (2 pages or less) on how the applicant has benefitted from the game of golf and how golf has influenced the applicant's educational and carrer goals.
3. High school transcript, including applicant's SAT or ACT score(s).
4. Verifcation of applicant's participation in high school or junior golf.
5. Financial information: A copy of the applicant's Student Aide Report (SAR) from FAFSA. Note: If the SAR is not available, applicant must provide completed Sections 3 and 4 from the FAFSA worksheet.
6. Statement of applicant's community service and leadership experiences and accomplishments.
7. Two letters of recommendation: one from a teacher or administrator from the applicant's high school alma mater, and one from a person (unrelated to applicant) who knows the applicant as a result of the applicant's involvement with golf.
Criteria for Awarding Scholarship
The Kansas Golf Foundation will award the Junior Golf Scholarships based on the following criteria:
Letters of Recommendation
Participation in Junior Golf
For scholarship opportunities not offered by the KGF, check out GoodCall's 100% open-access database for scholarships to search thousands of scholarships without entering any personal information. Please click the Good Call logo below to start searching!
For more information contact:
Phillip A. Miller, Executive Director
Kansas Golf Foundation
1201 Wakarusa Drive, Suite 5B
Lawrence, KS 66049
(785) 842-4833 x. 205